ReasonForOurHope

Friday, May 5, 2017

Trailer Time: Dunkirk Trailer #2




CLICK THE POSTER TO SEE THE TRAILER ON YOUTUBE.COM

I wrote about the first trailer for this movie that it wasn't grabbing me as a viewer.

This trailer changes all of that.  The last trailer showed the film's heart.  This trailer is showing its intesnity.  The film looks gripping and captivating.

One of the things that I really like about what I see is the quiet dignity of ordinary men.  I remember John Wayne wouldn't star in High Noon, because it implied that most men are cowards.  Movies like this say that when the chips are down, ordinary men will do extrodinary things.

I also love the way they contextualize Churchill's call to arms in a new and powerful way.

I will be there opening night.

Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment