ReasonForOurHope

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Best: Live Tweeting the Oscars


photo by Alan Light

Tonight is the Superbowl of movies.  I love the Oscars, though I imagine many people do not.  I had one friend tell me that he would rather shave the unpresentable parts of Rob Reiner than watch the show.

I understand.  The award show can be long, boring, and upsetting when the people you want don't win.  But I cannot help myself.

I may not be home in time for the beginning of the show, but as with the Golden Globes, I will TIVO them and begin my "Live" tweeting when I get home.  I should hopefully catch up before the end of the show (probably sometime around 2:59am)

You can follow my tweets @CatholicSkywalk

For those playing the Oscar Game that I posted a few weeks ago, I will be keeping score.

Here, again, is my ballot.


CATHOLIC SKYWALKER'S LIST (as of now)

CategoryMY CHOICEMY PREDICTION
BEST PICTURELES MISERABLESARGO
BEST DIRECTORSteven Spielberg - LINCOLNSteven Spielberg - LINCOLN
BEST ACTORHugh Jackman - LES MISERABLESDaniel Day-Lewis - LINCOLN
BEST ACTRESSJennifer Lawrence – SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOKJennifer Lawrence – SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
BEST SUPPORTING ACTORTommy Lee Jones - LINCOLNTommy Lee Jones - LINCOLN
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESSAnn Hathaway -LES MISERABLESAnn Hathaway -LES MISERABLES
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Quentin Tarantino – DJANGO UNCHAINED
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAYTony Kushner – LINCOLNChris Terrio - ARGO
BEST ANIMATED FEATUREWRECK-IT-RALPHBRAVE
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGNTHE HOBBITTHE HOBBIT
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
AMOUR
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHYLINCOLNLIFE OF PI
BEST COSTUMESSNOW WHITE AND THE HUNSTMANLINCOLN
BEST SPECIAL EFFECTSTHE HOBBITTHE HOBBIT
BEST SOUND MIXINGARGOARGO
BEST SOUND EDITINGARGOARGO
BEST SCOREARGOLINCOLN
BEST ORIGINAL SONGSuddenly” LES MISERABLESSkyfall” SKYFALL
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
REDEMPTION
BEST ANIMATED SHORTPAPER MANPAPER MAN
BEST EDITINGARGOARGO
BEST LIVE ACTION SHORT FILM
ASAD
BEST MAKEUPTHE HOBBITTHE HOBBIT


No comments:

Post a Comment