ReasonForOurHope

Monday, February 11, 2013

Geoff Johns Leaving Green Lantern

photo by besighyawn
Okay, this is nowhere nearly as important as the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI, but my goodness does this make me sad.

Geoff Johns, as faithful readers know, is my all time favorite comic book writer.  And his run on Green Lantern is legendary.  It might be the greatest run on any series ever.  I have enjoyed everything about what he has done.  And he has announced today that he is stepping down from writing the series with issue #20.

Even if they get a great writer to take his place, no one will be able to hold a candle to him.

He is not only a master of plot, dialogue, character, and spectacle, his themes are powerful.  In short, he is a master storyteller and he has made me care very deeply about Green Lantern and his universe.

Geoff Johns has given me countless hours of entertainment and wonder and for that I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment