ReasonForOurHope

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Trailer Time: Upstream Color


Shane Caruth made the fascinatingly low budget time travel movie Primer a few years ago.  That was a movie that I wanted to be better than it was.  It was really smart.  In fact, it was too smart.  I don't mean that intelligence is bad.  But the further on the movie went, it felt like Caruth wanted you to be confused.   As soon as the movie was over, I had to go to the internet to understand what just happened.  That is never a good sign.

Now we have his follow up: Upstream Color.

For this movie it looks like he skipped the "pre" and just went full on "tentious."  Everything about this trailer screams "I'm smarter than you!"  I can't make heads or tails of what is happening at all.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment