ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Trailer Time: Here


I find this movie very intriguing.  This movie will either be very good or terrible.

First of all, I'm fascinated by the construction of entire film from a single angle.  To my memory, this has never been done in modern movies.  I'm worried that this will be too much of a gimick movie and that will try to coast on that one trait.  1917 ran that risk, but they used their single-take format so effectively that it made the movie a unique film experience.

I am also fascinated by the fact that we have a Forrest Gump reunion with Robert Zemeckis, Tom Hanks, and Robin Wright.  Hopefully this isn't stunt casting and we are going to get some strong performances.

They showed this trailer on the Today Show and afterwards, the female hosts were sobbing.  So to test it, I showed it to my wife who was also sobbing by the end.  

I think I get it.  We spend so much of our life in our homes, particularly in certain spaces.  I can think of all the home movies my father took in our home, in our family room during brithdays, holidays, and all other occasions.  There is something special about having that small, special place of your own where you can be yourself and you can truly feel home.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment