ReasonForOurHope

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day 2023 (And Lack of Updates May 2023)

 


(Hello all,  I am sorry I have been a bit absent recently.  It isn't anything tragic or bad.  Right now I am getting towards the end of several projects at work as well as the beginning of a new project this summer.  All of the deadlines are converging at once and as a result, this time has taken me away from blogging for the moment.  I should be back to my regular schedule sometime next week.)


Happy Mother's Day!

My prayers and well-wishes go out to all mothers today.  You shape the lives of your children in ways that no one else in the world can or will.  Today is a day when we honor not just what you do but who you are.  

I was reflecting today on how I no longer have any earthly mothers.  My mother, mother-in-law, and all of my grandmothers and great-grandmothers have gone home to heaven.  And yet, they are all still a part of me.

I pray for them every single morning, and I make special note to tell my mom and my mother-in-law that I love them still.  I know I had many failings as a son (and son-in-law), but I know that my relationship with them has not ended nor will it ever.

CS Lewis once wrote, "Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations - these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. "  Every great physical work of man will one day come to dust.  But the souls of men and women are immortal.  

Mothers: your work is the work that lasts.  Your work is the work of immortality.  Long after the Mona Lisa has turned to dust, the masterpiece you crafted in your children's hearts and souls will last for all eternity.

May God bless all of you mother today through intercession of our Most Blessed Mother Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment