ReasonForOurHope

Monday, November 1, 2021

Trailer Time: The Book of Boba Fett



I was surprised how many people online are panning this trailer.  

Admittedly, it doesn't give a lot of details, but it really only a teaser.

The biggest complaint I've seen is in trying to turn Boba Fett into a hero.  It seems clear to me that this show is setting him up to be an anti-hero.  The Mandalorian tried the same thing, but his connection to the child quickly changed him into quickly from anti-hero to hero.  I don't see that happening as quickly with Boba Fett.

I think the worry is that this how will tame him a bit too much.  One of the characters great appeals is that he was dangerous.  He was smart and deadly.  The trailer seemed to show both those elements.  I like the idea of him trying to carve out a piece of the Tatooine underworld.

For me, the atmosphere is selling me.  The first shot of the B'Omarr monk immediately made me nostalgic for the book Tales From Jabba's Palace.  That was a wonderful book of short stories about the lives of the characters around the Hutt's criminal enterprise.  I'm hoping for something similar with The Book of Boba Fett.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment