ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Trailer Time: Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Trailer #2


This is pure nostalgia bait.

And I love it!

The last trailer focused on the son, but this one focused more on the daughter.  I liked how part of the natural journey for kids is that they should get into trouble.  They need to explore the scary world and test boundaries.

The callbacks to the first movie are clearly meant to bring back the fanbase to this franchise.  It may be cheap and pandering, but it this movie is trying to say to its potential audience, "We revere and love the first film as much as you do."

I liked the little innovations too, like the ghost trap on the remote control wheels.  

Above all, this looks like fun.

The plot is still mostly unknown, which is fine with me.  There does seem to be a bit of very obvious product placement, which is annoying, but not a deal-breaker.

All the promotional material has to do is not turn me off and I will be there opening night.  And so far, so good.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment