ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Trailer Time: Spider-Man: Far From Home



CLICK HERE TO GO TO YOUTUBE TO SEE TRAILER


I really like this trailer.

Setting aside the fact that this spoils part of Avengers: Endgame, what I like most about this trailer is that it still feels like a high school movie.

One of my favorite Spider-Man comics was one written by Sean McKeever called Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane.  It was very much a teen soap set in the Spider-Man world.  This movie feels very much a kindred spirit to that.  I love the fact that the first half of the trailer barely has any Spider-Man, but I didn't care.  I enjoy watching Peter's interactions with May, Happy, MJ, and Ned.  I even like how MJ's militantism is softened and joked about.

The overall plot doesn't look to be anything too special.  I'm not looking for too much specatacle in the wake of Endgame.  I think this could be a great palate cleanser and a great deal of fun.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. 1) Can't they let Peter be a normal teenager for like a week?!? He just got done being mostly dead.
    2) What's Mysterio's deal? Because I thought he was a villain but in the trailer he seems to be a good guy maybe.

    ReplyDelete