ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Trailer Time: The Space Between Us




I can't help but feel like this is a cross between The Fault in Our Stars and The Martian.  I apologize if other websites have also made this comparison, because I cannot imagine I am the only one.

Having said that... it kind of works.

There is something innocent and beautiful in this tragic love story that doesn't appear to have any real villains but fate.

And there seems to be a Chestertonian sense of wonder throughout this film.  The main character of this movie looks at our world that we take for granted and is inspired by awe.  I am particularly drawn to the scene with the rain.  I avoid rain when I can: it is cold and unpleasant.  But then I imagine what it must be like to never experience that sensation of standing in the summer rain...

I don't know.  It just gets me.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment