ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Feast of St. Joseph - 2015


I have written extensively online about my love and devotion to St. Joseph.  I owe much, not just in broad terms of salvation history, but in my personal life as well.  He has been my friend and helper through many trials and difficulties along the road of life.

One of the ways that I have nurtured a deep devotion to St. Joseph is by praying a special prayer to hi every day.  I found this novena on Fr. Z's Blog and I have turned to it much in times of distress.  I appreciate how Fr. Z writes that when we ask for something of St. Joseph, it is best to be specific.

I have found that specifically naming all of the things about which I worry helps.  It unburdens my heart, knowing that I am laying them at St. Joseph's feet.  I feel like a little kid going to daddy.  When dad asks if I'm okay, if I give out a generic complaint about life, he can't really help.  But if I tell hi exactly what the problem is, he gets to work on it right away.

And we are taught to have faith like a child and be completely dependent on God.  And as Jesus was dependent on Joseph for aid, so should we.

Thank you, St. Joseph for everything that you have done, are doing, and will do for us!

Prayer to Saint Joseph for a Difficult Problem
O Glorious St. Joseph, thou who hast power to render possible even things which are considered impossible, come to our aid in our present trouble and distress.
Take this important and difficult affair under thy particular protection, that it may end happily. (MENTION YOUR REQUEST)
O dear St. Joseph, all our confidence is in thee. Let it not be said that we would invoke thee in vain; and since thou art so powerful with Jesus and Mary, show that thy goodness equals thy power.  Amen.
St. Joseph, friend of the Sacred Heart, pray for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment