ReasonForOurHope

Sunday, June 1, 2014

CatholicSkywalker 2 Year Anniversary

(5/31/14 : The Feast of the Visitation)
(posted 1 day late)

It was 2 years ago today after grading my first set of final exams that I finally launched the CatholicSkywalker Blog onto the interwebs.

As I did last year, I would like to repeat some words of thanks:


Of course I wouldn't be CatholicSkywalker if I didn't first give thanks to the Lord for this time.  This past year with all the crazy health issues, I've tried to remember that every single day, every single moment is a gift from Him.  I try very hard not to waste that gift and use what time I have to make the world a little more the way He would want it.

And this blog would not be possible without the constant patience of my most beloved wife.  Time spent here writing is often time not spent with her, and there is no place I would rather be than with her.  But she has read all of my posts and offers me her kind support and encourages me to continue.

I also have to thank bloggers John Nolte and Christian Toto.   Over at the Big Hollywood Blog, the held a small writing contest.  I entered on a lark and I somehow won.  This validation of my small skills got me thinking that I would like to write more.

And this blog would never have come into existence without the encouragement of Blimpy.  He was actually the first person who suggested to me that I write online.  Not being the most tech-savvy person, this seemed like a tremendous undertaking.  I would not have gone forward if not for his support.

This is also true for all of my friends who have taken the time to read this blog.  I cannot tell you what an unexpected delight it is for me when out of the blue, someone I know will say, "Hey, I saw on your blog that..." and proceed to comment on what I wrote.  Feedback from all my friends, Rick O. Pluckarious, The Doctor, Mr. Pink... and my family have meant so much to me.

Finally, I would like to thank all of you constant readers.  I know that the last few weeks have been uneven, but you have held with me.  I don't have any illusions that my words are having any gigantic impact on the universe, but I pray that reading these humble scribblings makes your day just a little brighter, happier, and better.

At least a little.

After a year of blogging and nearly 842 posts, I note that my blogging has slowed down a bit.  I found that my time kept being taken up or laziness took hold of me.  I hope to reintroduce older features like Logic Lessons on Tuesdays and my regular Thursday essays.

Thank you all for this past year.  God willing we will continue this journey together for many more to come.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Always enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I sin whenever I read your blog, because I cannot help feeling envious of your writing talent and your insight.

      Delete